The United States Embassy in Tunisia is pleased to announce the annual competition for the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program. The FLTA Program is an academic year non-degree teaching assistantship program for English Language Teachers to assist with teaching of Arabic language and culture at U.S. colleges and universities. It is aimed at strengthening foreign language instruction at U.S institutions while providing teachers of English with the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States. The grant is for one academic year and is non-renewable.
- Teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Hold the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree; or
- Hold or currently enrolled in a Master’s degree.
- Advanced English language ability is required (79-80 TOEFL – IBT or 6.0 IELTS).
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, writing, and teaching Modern Standard Arabic.
Complete the application on-line from here. Please be sure to provide all supporting documents.
All applications must be submitted on-line before August 15, 2016. Incomplete applications or those submitted after this date will NOT be reviewed. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Plagiarism or misrepresentation in an application can lead to disqualification at any stage of the program.